Solving the Toy Dilemna

As the kids' toys have multiplied over the years, our need for storage that hides the clutter has grown as well.  We've moved far beyond a few baskets or a cabinet.  Enter the Expedit shelving unit from IKEA...my lifesaver in more than one room in our house. Centsational Girl has a great post today about her Expedit shelving - and so many others around blogland. It inspired me to show you how we're using it to bring some order to our home.  We simply turned it on its side and made a bench out of it in a mini-kids play area in the family room.  They have their bench filled with toys (and out of sight to me) and their little table - another IKEA purchase - next to it.  I had a local upholster make a seat cushion for it as well.  I actually just went out to get a secondary unit for the basement, where we enter from the garage to house shoes.  Everyone's got their own basket - including the hubby! I'd love to someday create the look of built-in shelving, perhaps in the office using one of the larger versions.  They're just so versatile.




No comments:

Post a Comment