Home Goals for 2012

I'm always coming up with new ideas to make our house live better for us as our family grows and changes.  Here are some thoughts on what would be great to accomplish in the new year, though I'm sure they'll be more as we go along! I'm linking this up to the Nester so we can see what we all have planned!

1. Potty train my son...and get the kids to clean up after themselves. This would make for a happy home!

2. Install new windows on the first floor of the house so we can stop the drafts and really clean them. I am constantly battling spider webs in these old, drafty windows.

3. Get our outdoor shower fixed and in working order for the first time in the six years we've lived here!
Pinterest
4. Add a work surface on top of the washer/dryer. Something like this...

 
Here's a great DIY countertop post I found for the below...

 

5. You can all say "Eww" to this...I know it is gross.  20+year old carpet I'm guessing and it is hunter green - just like my college bedding! We need to install new carpet in the playroom. That is for sure.


6. Do something with my son's pile of books in his room. How cute would this be?!

Pinterest
7. Or maybe just get a whole new house all together! I'm stalking this one down by the water at the moment. :) Isn't it cute? It's all just a dream at this point though!

5 comments:

  1. Great Set of Goals for 2012!
    That's funny on #6 sometimes I get so overwhelmed with my long list of things to do to my house that I end up just wanting a whole new house! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your goals - #5 would be awesome to do!!

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is from Swampscott! Now we live in New Jersey...not the shore. Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny bc I'm from northern NJ originally...we've swapped lives! :)

      Delete
  4. #4 is on my list too. I'm tired of losing socks behind the washer/dryer. Good picture (I'll show the hubby)

    ReplyDelete