Some of My Favorite Christmas Decorations

We have a few Christmas decorations that have become very special to us all.  The first is a German Christmas Pyramid my parents bought for me when they were living in Germany back when I was in college. What I love about it is that it isn't some commercial decoration. It doesn't have lights or sound or a battery.  It's simple candles at the base, a nativity scene in the center and it all spins from the heat generated by the candles that reaches the propeller at top - or whirly-gig as my family has termed it!  At my three year old's request, we light it every time we eat - even breakfast. And they've even asked about the nativity scene that is at the center of it all, which I think is nice.




The big count down to Christmas happens at the advent calendar we bought at Target a few years back.  I've filled each day with small toys, candies or stickers. They run down to each morning to open and are actually learning to take turns (for the most part), each opening it every other day.

 

Finally, one of the best parts of the holidays is all the great Christmas cards we receive! I used to just tuck them away in a box until last year when I found a way to display them throughout the season - something beyond taping them to the wall! The holder we have is from Pottery Barn, but it looks like they no longer carry it. I did find the same one here on Amazon in case anyone is interested!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment