2011 Makeovers

I wanted to share a few of my favorite DIY makeovers in our home during 2011.  My goal this year was to lighten and brighten our home.  We have tall pine trees all around so at times we don't get a ton of natural light. We've taken down as many trees as we could within our property, but that's about as good as we can do.  Eliminating some of the dark and crazy colors in this 1980's built-house and adding clean, crisp white paint to trim and wood in many rooms has helped tremendously.  Here are two examples...

In the photo above of the wet bar in our family room, I went ahead and painted the entire cabinet Benjamin Moore's Super White (told you I wanted crisp, bright white!:).  We also changed out the knobs and painted the wall beside (kind of hall between the kitchen and family room) with Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint in black.  The chalkboard paint has been one of my favorite additions this year as the kids, and visitors big and small, stop by to leave their mark. My daughter and husband even practice math problems on the wall for fun! The granite and new color were additions from years past.


In the dining room, we changed out the light fixture to this pretty, reflective one from Pottery Barn called Camilla, painted all the trim in Super White and the walls Benjamin Moore's Monroe Bisque.  I also painted our old, wood and black kitchen table white and purchased the bench to add more seating and room to walk.  Finally, I sowed panels for each window with a fabric bought at Jo-Ann fabrics. 

There are a few quick overviews of makeovers from 2011.  I'll show some more with you in the coming weeks! I am going to link this up to Rhoda's linky and Savvy Southern Style...see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Amazing the power of paint, right? Plus you already have some great moldings work with ... I have to add our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation! It's amazing what painting the cabinets white and adding a new counter can do. The dinning room looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete